Worksite Benefit options can vary greatly among carriers. It is important to have a good understanding of the plan and carrier rules before creating the plan in EaseCentral. Below are some common setups for Worksite Benefits. Please note that Worksite Benefits are most commonly Post-Tax.
- Most Critical Illness plans will likely offer benefit amounts in increments so set the EMPLOYEE BENEFIT to Increments and complete the rest of the INCREMENT fields to match your plan.
- Spouse Critical Illness benefit options are usually set to increments up to a maximum of the Employee amount (commonly 50%).
- If Guarantee Issue applies it should be entered.
- The AGE DETERMINATION for Critical Illness is usually Original Effective Date. This means when an employee enrolls the cost of the plan will be determined at the time of enrollment and will not increase as the employee's age changes.
- If dependents are eligible, select Spouse and/or Children in the ELIGIBILITY section. Spouse and Children fields will then appear in the PROFILE page and coverage amounts can be adjusted per dependent.
Most Critical Illness rates are provided with a per unit cost plus an additional flat rate. You will need to determine the per unit cost (commonly $10,000) plus the additional amount that is added. An example of how to determine rates per $10,000 is provided.
- In our example the Employee and Spouse rates are identical and the Child coverage is provided at no cost.
- It is important that an Original Effective Date be added to any employee enrolling in a plan that calculates using age on original effective date. This is to prevent an increase in cost as the employee is moved to the new plan year at open enrollment. This needs to be added only once at the initial enrollment of the plan.
- Go to the Employee > Profile > Coverage > Original Effective Dates field to add an Original Effective Date.
- Select the PLAN TYPE and input the EFFECTIVE DATE.