Offers of employment may be made by employers and accepted by applicants within the EaseCentral platform.
- Onboarding must be enabled in the Marketplace page in order for employers to have access to the Offer Letter feature.
- Company Administrators would send an offer letter to the applicant prior to the proposed hire date.
- Custom Documents can be used as the Offer Letter displayed to applicants when offers are made.
- Please see the Adding Documents and & Links Help Desk solution for instructions for creating Custom Documents.
Personalized Offer Letters can also be created for each applicant as well, see below.
1. Add the applicant in Employees > Actions > Add Employee.
2. Select Applicant in STATUS in order for an offer letter to be presented to an applicant prior to onboarding and initial enrollment.
3. Add any known applicant information in the Personal and Employment pages.
- It is recommended that data is entered in the MANAGER, HIRE DATE, SCHEDULED HOURS PER WEEK, COMPENSATION TYPE and COMPENSATION AMOUNT fields on the Employment page.
4. Select Documents > Offer Letter.
5. Add the OFFER DUE DATE, or the date prior to which the employee must log in and accept the offer.
6.. If you would like all benefit options to display to the applicant based on his/her eligibility, mark the SHOW BENEFIT OPTIONS? check box.
7.. By marking ACTIVE EMPLOYEE?, the applicant is automatically be updated from Applicant to Active.
- This allows the now employee to move forward and complete onboarding requirements (e.g., emergency contacts entry, W-4 withholding, I-9 employment authorization, direct deposit entry, and acknowledgment of employer documents) and their initial enrollments.
7. Click Create Offer.
8. Use Template (Custom Document created in Documents > Custom is displayed as a TEMPLATE) or add a New Offer Letter (start from scratch with an empty document).
9. Customize the Offer Letter using text and selected Auto Text.
10. Once the Offer Letter is created, using Actions > [drop menu option], add additional documents/links to be displayed after the employee is prompted to accept their offer letter.
11. If adding a Custom Document that's already created on the Company > Documents > Custom page you can choose the appropriate CUSTOM DOCUMENT option from the drop menu, and choose to REQUIRE REVIEWand REQUIRE SIGNATURE by the employee after he/she signs the offer letter.
12. Additional documents can be uploaded to the applicant's Documents > Shared or Private pages.
- Documents on the Shared page are displayed after accepting the offer letter with any other Custom Documents added in addition to the Offer Letter.
- Documents on the Private page do not display to the employee, but will be saved in the employee's Documents page for reference by the Company Administrator.
13. When you are ready to send the offer to the applicant, click Send Offer.
- An email address must be entered in the Profile > Login page in order for the applicant to log in and register for EaseCentral.
- The applicant's personal email address displays as the recipient email address if it has been entered in the Profile > PERSONAL EMAIL address field.
- If the personal email is not entered, the email address entered in the Profile > Login page displays in the recipient email field.
12. Make any edits or updates to the email subject line or content.
- Do not edit the [URL] at the bottom of the email template which will send a unique link to the applicant.
- The OFFER URL can also be copied and sent to the applicant outside of EaseCentral or used for reference.
13. Click Send.
Please note: If an applicant's personal email address is added on the Profile > Login page, the best practice is to change this email to the work email address when the employee completes their offer letter and is changed to an Active employee.