Clients with Enterprise level subscriptions are able to take advantage of carrier census files pre-programmed into the EaseCentral platform. Please follow the simple steps below to run a census in United Healthcare's SAM layout:
1. Go to the client's Benefits page.
2. Be sure that the appropriate CARRIER is selected on the UHC Plan Profile page(s).
3. Update/add, if needed, and return to the Benefits page.
3. Check the box next to the UHC plan(s) to be included in the census.
4. Click Reports > Carrier Census.
5. Select the appropriate carrier from the drop list.
6. Click Generate.
7. Click Reports at the top of the page.
8. Download the report and send to your carrier representative.
Important details regarding the use of the United Healthcare's SAM census file:
- In general, SAM is available for the following plan types: medical, dental, vision, life, supplementary life, short term disability, and long term disability.
- SAM medical is not available for: District of Columbia, HI, ME, MN, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NV, NY, SD, VT, NY, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
- SAM is available for ancillary only in NY.
- Allowable group size: SAM is for small group business as defined by each state’s definition. All states define small group as 1-50, except CA, CO, NY, and VT who define small group as 1-100.
- Use case: New group initial enrollment.
- Ongoing changes and new hire enrollment should be done using enrollment/change forms within EaseCentral.