Previous > Adding Plans
Once a plan has been added, complete Benefits > [plan] > Profile:
- A SYSTEM ID (visible to EaseCentral only) and IMPORT ID is system-generated for each plan.
- The Import ID will be used for importing enrollments.
- The plan setup options will display based on the PLAN TYPE selected when adding the plan and displayed here.
- For example, our system may ask the broker to enter deductible or copay information, but only for health-related plan types.
- If a PREVIOUS PLAN is selected here, Benefits > Reports > Enrollment Changes will easily identify changes made from the previous plan year.
- The PREVIOUS PLAN will automatically be added when duplicating and pushing (if available with your subscription) plans.
- Please select the CARRIER from the drop-down menu.
- This will track the carrier for each plan, and will be used in the Plan Premium Report found in Reports > Available Reports to tie total premiums to specific plans and carriers.
- The ADMIN NAME is only viewed by system administrators and not by employees.
- Typically you'll want to include the plan year within the ADMIN NAME.
- The DISPLAY NAME will be viewed by employees.
- If the carrier enrollment form includes plan options that will need to be selected on the form, either the ADMIN NAME or DISPLAY NAME should exactly match the plan name listed on the form.
- We highly recommend testing to ensure that enrollments populate correctly on the enrollment form based on the ADMIN NAME or DISPLAY NAME entered.
- The PLAN YEAR EFFECTIVE DATE will reflect the plan start or effective date.
- The PLAN YEAR END DATE is the date the plan year ends and is no longer valid.
- Typically the PLAN YEAR END DATE will be one year from the effective date, unless the plan is a short year, or is slightly extended.
- Please note, if a plan is extended for two years or more a new plan should be created as a best practice for the second plan year and each subsequent year, even if the plan details are the same.
- The AVAILABLE START DATE and AVAILABLE END DATE default to specific enrollment dates within the plan year.
- These are not to be confused with open enrollment dates.
- If an employee logs in during this time period AND they are eligible for the plan they would be given the option to enroll.
- The AVAILABLE START DATE is the date that employees are able to see the plan.
- We auto default to three months prior to the plan effective date for open enrollment purposes.
- If this date is in the future employees will not be able to see the plan option.
- The AVAILABLE END DATE is one year from the effective date at which time the plan will automatically close out and no longer be available for employees to view or enroll.
*These dates can be edited/updated if necessary.
- If benefit deductions are taken at a different frequency than per each paycheck, this can be specified on the DEDUCTION CYCLE.
- This will default to Employee Pay Cycle but can be set to other options such as Monthly or a specific number of deductions (e.g., 2 Deductions, 3 Deductions, etc.,).
- An example of when this would be used is if a company is paid bi-weekly but takes benefit deductions semi-monthly.
- When this feature is used and there is a difference in deduction cycles, for example Medical is taken based on employee's pay cycle (bi-weekly) but FSA is deducted semi-monthly, the per pay amount will be displayed at the bottom of the election page but the Benefit Summary will display all amounts as monthly.
- Note, the employee's Pay Cycle on the Employees > Employment page must be set according to the accurate pay frequency if the DEDUCTION CYCLE option is used.
- If a plan is COBRA eligible, select Eligible - 100%, Eligible - 102% or Eligible - 110% depending on whether a COBRA Administration fee should be included in calculating the total premium of benefits.
- This option will allow companies to track COBRA enrollments in EaseCentral, and include the total COBRA premium on reports.
- BANK INFORMATION can be collected on specific plan types and will be mapped to carrier applications.
- If the carrier requires this information on the application, check the box next to Yes, ask for bank info.
This allows the employee to enter banking data including BANK NAME, ROUTING NUMBER, ACCOUNT NUMBER, and TYPE.
- See the Tobacco Cessation Program and Surcharges solution for more information about how to set up a plan that has different contributions based on a tobacco CESSATION PROGRAM.
- Select Eligible next to CESSATION PROGRAM if this type of program applies for the employer.
- Mark SHOW RIDERS? if the plan has additional riders available, click Add Rider.
- Complete additional information in pop up box and click Add Rider.
AGENT LICENSE NUMBER will be used to populate carrier forms that require specific broker's Agent Number is specified.
- This is an optional field and only used if the carrier requires and Agent ID Number for a particular plan.
Plan rule options (e.g., PRIMARY CARE CLINIC information, GUARANTEE ISSUE, DEDUCTIBLE, etc.,) will vary based on the plan type used and will need to be populated in order to properly display to employees.
- For ACA, if the plan provides minimum value, mark Provides Minimum Value.
- For CMS, if a medical plan provides Medicare Part D Creditable Coverage, mark Provides Medicare Part D Creditable Coverage.
- This field appears on the Plan Configuration Report.
- If the plan is self-funded, mark Yes, Plan is Self-Funded.
- If a plan is an HMO medical-type plan, it's best practice to select the PRIMARY CARE CLINIC ID, PRIMARY CARE CLINIC NAME*, and when applicable INDEPENDENT PRACTICE ASSOCIATION options.
- Then employees will be prompted to enter this information if they choose this HMO plan.
*It is recommended that Instructions are entered in the Benefits > Forms > Instructions page asking the employee to enter "ASSIGN" in the PCC Id or PCP Name fields if they would prefer for the carrier to assign the PCP on their behalf.
Note: Kaiser plans do not need employees to enter PRIMARY CARE CLINIC ID, PRIMARY CARE CLINIC NAME, INDEPENDENT PRACTICE ASSOCIATION information so these fields should not be selected.
- Medical plan information like DEDUCTIBLE, OFFICE VISIT, and RX costs may be entered.
- If adding Plans from a Library, this information will be provided.
This information will display to employees when they view and select their medical option. The employee will select Show next to the plan and view this plan information. If this information is left blank it will not prompt employees to view benefit options. Employees can refer the plan summaries posted for plan details in this case.