When a Part-Time employee has a work status change and becomes a Full-Time employee, he/she may become eligible for benefits.
- The field TYPE is not used to determine eligibility.
- SCHEDULED HOURS PER WEEK can determine eligibility if the plans are set up with an hours requirement.
To change a Part-Time Ineligible employee to Full-Time Eligible:
1. In Employees > [employee] > Profile > Employment, change TYPE to Full-Time.
2. Provide EFFECTIVE DATE and REASON.
3. Click Save.
4. Adjust SCHEDULED HOURS PER WEEK.
5. Enter EFFECTIVE DATE and REASON.
6. Click Save.
7. In the employee's Profile > Coverage tab, change the BENEFIT ELIGIBLE DATE.
- Benefit effective date is based on this date.
- If no date is entered, the benefit effective date is based on the employee's waiting period following his/her hire date.
- The employee will have 30 days from the BENEFIT ELIGIBLE DATE to log into the system and make changes to their elections.