To add a new employee select Actions > Add Employee in the Employees page.
The TYPE of employee selected does not affect eligibility in EaseCentral, it's for ACA purposes only. If hours are not entered for employees, the ACA tool will use the employee TYPE when calculating the number of Full-Time employees, and when generating 1094-C and 1095-C forms and form outputs.
LOCATION can be used to determine plan eligibility.
Below are the recommended fields when adding or importing employees into EaseCentral. For additional information about each field please read further for more detailed information about each field.
- SSN, if known
- Birth Date, for rate purposes
- Address, if known
- HR Manager
- EID, We recommend updating this to the employee's SSN
- Type, Required for ACA eligibility tracking purposes. Hours entered in to the ACA module will be calculated for Variable-Hour, Part-Time and Seasonal employees
- Any additional company organization groups that are used like Job Class, Division, etc.
- Hire Date, for benefit effective date purposes for new hires
- Scheduled Hours, this will be required if the plans are set up a minimum Scheduled Hours eligibility rule
- Pay Cycle, to show the appropriate per-pay period deductions
- Compensation, may be used for salary-based benefit calculations or for ACA affordability calculations
- Compensation Type, may be required for ACA eligibility tracking
- Email, to notify employees of their login information
If an employee is a Company Administrator and should have access to add, edit, or view employee and enrollment information, please contact your broker who can assign Company Administrator access.