Previous: Employee Profile: Personal
The employee profile is made up of information included in six tabs. The second being employment information.
1. Company Administrator should add the following:
- MANAGER and HR MANAGER is used for reporting and if companies are using Advanced HRIS, organization chart purposes.
- EID is used to identify the employee for importing.
- The system assigns an EID; but, it can be edited to match an employee's SSN or payroll ID #.
- If company Organization Types are set up in the Company > Profile page, LOCATION, DIVISION, DEPARTMENT, JOB TITLE, and/or JOB CLASS can be assigned to employees.
- Any combination of these types can be used to enforce plan eligibility rules.
- HIRE DATE is used to determine an employee's new hire enrollment waiting period. SCHEDULED HOURSPER WEEK can determine plan eligibility.
- If any plan includes a minimum SCHEDULED HOURS for eligibility purposes, the SCHEDULED HOURS PER WEEK entered into an employee's Employment profile is used to determine eligibility.
- If the employee has a Variable-Hour Employee TYPE on their Profile > Employment page the SCHEDULED HOURS PER WEEK field is automatically calculated based on the average hours entered/imported in the ACA > Employees page for the prior measurement period.
- The number of REMAINING PAY PERIODS entered is used to calculate an employee's per pay period contribution for plans that use annual elections like FSA Health Care, FSA Dependent Care, and Health Savings Account type plans.
- EaseCentral takes the annual amount elected and divides it by the REMAINING PAY PERIODS.
- If a Pay Schedule is entered on the Company > Profile > Pay Schedules page, this field is not be available.
- EaseCentral will take the annual amount elected and divide it by the number of pay periods remaining in the year according to the Pay Schedule.
- Compensation is used for reporting and to calculate coverage amount for salary-based benefits.
2. Add Compensation.
- A START DATE or effective date of the salary is always required.
- If the employee has a salary change, an END DATE should be added for the previous salary by selecting Edit.
- Then the new compensation should be added by choosing Add Compensation.
3. If an employee's scheduled hours per week changes from an amount that represents full-time, benefit-eligible to an amount that makes them part-time and not benefit-eligible; terminate any enrollments in the Employees > Benefits page prior to updating SCHEDULED HOURS PER WEEK.
- This update formally terminates all appropriate employee enrollments and documents the change in the Reports > Manage Changes reports page.
4. The PAY CYCLE selected is used to calculate the per pay period contribution displayed to employees when they elect coverage.
- The default pay cycle entered in Organization > Fields will be added.
- If the company uses more than one pay cycle, you can manually update or import the correct pay cycle for employees.