Previous Salary or Volume-Based Benefits
Group or Employer/Company-paid Life and AD&D is general offered to employees only. However, some plans do include optional dependent coverage.
- Employer-paid Life with AD&D plans can be added separately in the Life plan type and AD&D plan type. However, if employees automatically receive AD&D and at the same coverage amount as Life the best practice is to combine into one plan and add in the Life/AD&D.
- Best practice is to select Required Enrollment for company-paid Life/AD&D plans so employees don't have the option of waiving.
For tips to set up a Group Life Plan Profile, see the following:
If dependents are eligible:
1. Select Spouse and/or Children in the ELIGIBILITY section
2. Spouse- and Children-specific fields appear in the PROFILE page and coverage amounts can be adjusted per dependent.
1. For the RATE TYPE, Tier is the most common for company paid plans.
2. Enter the rate for the employee, spouse, and children if they apply.
- For combined Life/AD&D plans, the AD&D rate should be added to the Life rate and entered in the rate table.
- DEPENDENTS RATE can be used for plans that offer one rate regardless of whether the spouse, or child(ren), or a combination of spouse and children are enrolled.
- This rate typically does not apply and can be left blank.
3. All rates, including the Spouse, Children, or Dependent Rate will be based off the PER UNIT amount that's entered in this page.
- When adding a Life/AD&D plan for employees, spouses and children, the carrier may provide rates based on inconsistent units.
- If the plan will be set up for Spouse and Child Life coverage, it is a best practice to calculate all rates provided by the carrier into rates per $1000.
4. Return to the Benefit Profile, select BASE SPOUSE AGE OFF EMPLOYEE AGE if this applies.
- Otherwise the system calculates the rate according to the spouse's age.
- Either Tier or Table Contribution Types can be used.
If the premiums are company-paid, you can either set up as an employee contribution:
- Select CONTRIBUTION TYPE as Employee
- Enter $0 for CONTRIBUTION
Or, an employer contribution:
- Choose Employer as CONTRIBUTION TYPE
- Enter 100% in CONTRIBUTION.
Continue to Add Plan Forms and Documents.