Previous Salary or Volume-Based Benefits
To set up a Critical Illness Plan Profile, see the following:
If dependents are eligible:
- Select Spouse and/or Children in the ELIGIBILITY section.
- Spouse- and Children-specific fields appear in the PROFILE page and coverage amounts can be adjusted per dependent.
- Rates are generally offered PER UNIT on a basis of either a benefit or employee earnings amount.
- If rates are not determined until after enrollment or should not be displayed to employees as they enroll, the HIDE RATES > Hide rates from employees option can be selected.
- Critical Illness plans may include additional rates for the employee, spouse, children or dependents as a whole.
- Rates may be added as Tier, Table or Tier-Table.
- Critical Illness plans may require separate Tobacco and Non-Tobacco user rates.
- To import Custom Rates for complicated rate structures, see Import Custom Rates.
- Add the RATE ADJUSTMENT FACTOR if applicable.
- Add PER UNIT amount.
- Choose either Benefit Amount for Earnings Amount for RATE BASIS.
- Add additional rates as needed.
- Choose RATE TYPE as Tier or Table.
- Add rates.
- Either Tier or Table Contribution Types can be used.
- Choose Employer or Employee as CONTRIBUTION TYPE.
- Choose either Tier or Table as CONTRIBUTION DETAIL.
- Add Contribution as a percentage or dollar amount.
- If an employer has chosen to provide a specified initial contribution for employees, add it in EMPLOYER PAYS INITIAL BENEFIT AMOUNT.
Continue to Add Plan Forms and Documents.